- 8 ripe plum tomatoes, sliced
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small red onion, peeled and sliced
- a handful of basil leaves, torn
- extra virgin olive oil, to drizzle
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 handfuls of arugula
- balsamic vinegar, to drizzle
- 2 balls of half-fat mozzarella, torn
Place the tomatoes, onion, and half of the basil leaves in a bowl.
Drizzle with plenty of olive oil, season well, and toss through.
Arrange the arugula on a serving platter and drizzle with a little oil and some balsamic vinegar. Season and add the tomato and basil mixture. Add the torn mozzarella. Scatter the remaining basil leaves over the top and drizzle again with a little oil and balsamic vinegar. Server immediately.
blog comments powered by Disqus