- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup prepared polenta, cut into 1 in (2.5cm) cubes
- ½ tsp rock salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large or 2 small heads romaine lettuce, washed dried and torn into bite-sized pieces
- 8oz (225g) cooked chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces
- ¾ cup freshly grated Romano cheese
FOR THE DRESSING
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 3 tbsp good-quality mayonnaise
- 4 anchovy fillets, chopped
- ½ tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tbsp finely grated Parmesan cheese, plus extra to serve
- pinch of sugar
Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Add the polenta and season with ½ teaspoon of salt and ¼ teaspoon of pepper. Cook for 10 minutes, turning over the polenta cubes occasionally, until crisp and lightly browned. Remove from the heat and set aside.
For the dressing, place all the ingredients in the small bowl of a food processor and pulse until emulsified, into a thick and creamy dressing. Alternatively, place the ingredients in a large bowl and blend well with a handheld blender. Season with pepper, mix well to combine, and set aside.
Place the lettuce, chicken, and cheese in a large bowl and toss lightly to combine. Drizzle over the dressing, a little at a time, and toss until well coated. Arrange the salad on a serving dish and scatter the polenta croutons over it. Sprinkle over some Parmesan and serve immediately.
blog comments powered by Disqus