- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 ½ tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
Combine brown sugar, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, onion powder, salt, and cumin together in a bowl; stir until well mixed.
When you are ready to use the rub, pull back the skin on turkey breast, drumsticks, and anywhere else you can pull back skin to expose the meat. Sprinkle rub onto meat; pat down rub. Replace skin. Refrigerate 2 hours to overnight. Roast turkey at 325° F (165° C) for 4 1/2 to 5 1/2 hours.blog comments powered by Disqus