- 4 large red bell peppers (look for peppers that sit flat when stem ends are up)
- 2½ cups roughly chopped cauliflower
- 8 ounces raw extra-lean ground beef (4% fat or less)
- ¼ teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon each salt and black pepper
- ½ cup chopped onion
- ½ cup chopped zucchini
- ½ teaspoon chopped garlic
- ¾ cup canned crushed tomatoes
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ¼ cup sliced black olives
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Carefully slice off and discard the stem ends of the bell peppers, about half an inch from the top.
Remove and discard seeds. Place peppers cut-side up in a deep 8-inch baking pan. If peppers do not sit flat, gently lean them against the pan sides for support.
Bake until peppers are soft, 20 to 25 minutes.
Meanwhile, pulse cauliflower in a blender until reduced to rice-sized pieces, working in batches as needed.
Bring a large skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat. Add beef, and sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon each oregano, salt, and black pepper.
Cook and crumble for 4 minutes.
Add cauliflower rice, onion, zucchini, and garlic to the skillet. Cook and stir until beef is fully cooked and veggies have softened about 3 minutes.
Add crushed tomatoes to the skillet, along with remaining ¼ teaspoon each oregano, salt, and black pepper. Cook and stir until hot and well mixed, about 2 minutes.
Blot away excess moisture from bell peppers. Evenly distribute filling among the peppers.
Top with feta cheese and olives.
blog comments powered by Disqus